Creative Eden Ritual

done in gouache, gesso, charcoal on kraft paper on wood block
12x18
My creative Eden ritual is what I call it when I light a candle and meditate.
A spiritual cleansing. In the Creative Eden, is a place where I don't criticize myself endlessly.
A place where creativity isn't shackled by the constant fear of not being good enough, is not perfect enough blah blah blah! The intruder that sabotages, that other part of your brain making rude comments on your work. The censor who nags and complains talking pure nonsense. We all had this visitor sometimes nudging at you, lying to you, saying things that don't make sense. Sometimes you believe it. You end up being hard on yourself, trying to make things perfect when really, there is beauty in all the imperfections. There aren't any rules to art or expression. The freedom of art is when you create from the heart with passion and soul. Is letting every part of you spill on paper without rules or conditions.

Comments

  1. you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well said and inspirational! this is such a beautiful painting! and i love that you did it on kraft paper, one of my favorite collage mediums.

    thanks for your kind words on my blog. I'm so happy to have found you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts