Art - a colorful symbol of spirit and culture!!


Gilgulium
By Hagar Arnon Elbaz

One day as I was sitting drinking my coffee in front of my computer searching on Etsy - as I do when I first wake up in the morning enjoying all the beautiful work that inspires me! I saw Hagar's creative beautiful jewelry made of fabric and I fell in love with her craft. Simply because is simple and eloquent. I love simplicity and originality. This beautiful necklace I fell in love with - she explains This outstanding somewhat oriental necklace is made of cotton hand-made beads along with beads from wood, glass and semi precious stones that are gathered on three strong and flexible beading threads. It's lovely!! As in her Bio Hagar expresses her love about her craft - My love for textile, buttons, beads, lace and ribbons goes back very far to the time when I was a little girl visiting my grandma's house. My grandma had a room full of cupboards of all sizes and colors in which she piled her treasures that had come all the way from Germany back in 1939. It included fur coats, stray keys, strings, mother of pearl and crystal buttons from her father's shop, lace along with cotton night gowns and linen she had received for her wedding.

This room was my paradise.
When I grew up I followed my love and became a textile designer.
Many of the necklaces are made from second hand neckties. Neckties were always a mystery to me. No man in my environment has ever used one. Undoing this unknown object, using its tiny beautiful, colorful prints and turning it into female decorations was a challenge to my imagination.

Hagar also explains what Gilgulium means in Hebrew which is rolling up but also metamorphose and reincarnation.
Check it out!!

Comments

  1. Little presents were scattered along the second part of my day; the rains have arrived to this country that does not experience rain for eight months a year. The air was washed from the summer dust and this special wet smell spread around. What a relief!
    I decided to drive up north to take a rest up on the northern part of the country right by the Lebanese border. I love driving at night by myself listening to some good music. And then, arriving to my beloved daughter Gili's lovely house, not only was she there to welcome me but there was this loving post that you Magaly wrote about me. It is so beautiful, generous and well done. I am so greatful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! I lOVE her work AND the way she writes! Thanks Magaly for sharing her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so weird,,,, I did a search on fiber art yesterday and found her art too! I fell in love!
    I love the meaning behind her work, lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts