Hellooooo Everyone!! These new pieces are called - Only art give birth to authenticity that is where the true self begins and never dies.

This piece is done in mix media collage acrylic on a wood panel cradled with a baltic face - 8x8
I call this piece
The sweet layers of a painter
These here are done in acrylic on 140lb watercolor paper- Finest handmade quality paper Vincint Rossini - 4x5

And I call these series
Only Art give birth to authenticity, that is where the true self begins and never dies - love you!!










I'm still sick with Bronchitis due to weather changes and hardly any sleep. For the past two weeks I been coughing and sneezing way too much - thinking it was probably my allergies acting up. But it got a lot worse- I went to the doctor and I was told I had bronchitis. And how I should lay low, sleep sleep, drink lots of fluids and eat soup- favorite soup is lentil with tiny red potatoes. Well I'm stubborn- I tried to rest but I could not sleep three days without painting was killing me. Yesterday late Monday Morning at about 1am I get up to eat an honey crisp apple while everyone was sound asleep and decided to stay up and paint and finished painting 8 itsy pieces and abstract painting. By the end of the day I was so tired I slept like a baby and happy I painted. So here are the itsy paintings called Only art give birth to authenticity that is where the true self begins and never dies.
Well, I’m a compulsive artist. And what I mean by that --compulsively need to paint what I feel and see. If I don’t, I feel I missed out on something important. It’s like humming a song in your head; it’s a great song and you can’t wait to write it down and if you don’t you missed out on some real good lyrics. I obsessively, day and night, think about art. There’s not a day I don’t think about it. I sleep in it. It is magic and I immerse myself in. It’s a contact, a colorful welcome. It touches me so eloquently. A place where I can do just anything with no interruption or interference. I try not to take myself too seriously. I take my days as they come, painting constantly on a whim. And when I find myself seriously driven by non sense I write about what’s bothering me. Then it’s time to play in my studio. I’m 38yrs old and also 10yrs old. When I take life too seriously, the 10yr old pounds me on my head telling me I need to take it down a notch and breathe.

Comments

  1. Hey there's nothing wrong with being 38 and 10 years old at the same time. Life is too short and one has to do what one loves. We can't let it pass us by. I love your work. I visit another blogger friend who also paints similar to you. I like that they have big heads, big eyes, etc and the colors are mellow. Thaks for sharing. Have a great Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope it is not your bronchitis that gives you all this inspiration (it might be the lentils soup…) but these are heart warming paintings! I can feel it here at the other end of the world. And it feels soooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand, sometimes I feel sorry for people that don't feel that way. I think it would be very depressing not to have that need to "create". Life would seem to just be missing "something"...
    I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get this. I have to make art too, or I feel like I need an "art fix". Glad you are feeling better and thank you for giving your art to the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts