This piece is available!!




This piece is available!!

DOING COMMISSIONS ARE TRICKY AND SOMETIMES COMPLICATED ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU DEAL WITH A BUYER WHO IS PICKY FULL OF COMPLICATED DETAILS.

And in all honesty it can be a bit frustrating and the flow isn't quite right - kinda like being in a bad relationship with these high expectations - the trying hard - the requiring sooooo much work that in all truth it ends up not being quite enough for other person - meaning that it was never meant to be in the first place.

I must say I had a lot of fun fun creating this piece while I was singing to Ani Difranco 's music - such an inspiration - eloquently bold straight out raw babe!! I love Ani

I feel better!! I do apologies for my little out burst on the issue!! The fish king sends me a message - Giving you another sweet colorful dream. So dream another dream for me sweet heart and let the fun begin!!!

Comments

  1. COMMISIONS ARE A PAIN I DONT ENJOY THEM AT ALL THIS IS A WONDERFULL PIECE AS IS ALL OF YOUR WORK I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you will remember this but awhile ago I painted something for someone that a friend had recommended me to them.
    The whole experience wasn't creative at all, basically they wanted the Chicago Bears logo on some board for a bag toss game they had made. They kept changing their minds about which logo, placement, color etc and then when it was done they wanted to have the paint marker I used to go back over it! Ahhhhhh I never really wanted to do it in the first place because I felt like they should just go out and buy a decal! anyway -
    I was very upset and you were there to calm me and let me know that you just can't please some people and not to take it personally and that commission work can be a real downer sometimes.
    So. I want to remind you... You are Fantastic! That woman is too demanding! Anything you create is beautiful and original and you are an artist not a machine that someone just types requests into! I just can't understand people who are so full of exact details and don't allow you to create and go with your flow. They just stifle the creative process, sigh... I love you painting!
    Your friend, Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commissions are not my favorite. I always dread them and end up putting them off as long as I can.
    I've declared 2010 a commission-free year. Hopefully I won't starve. :)

    It's a beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts