The Ritual Art Exhibit


The Birth
This piece that is part of the show is done in Pigma Micron pen 08 #1 archival ink and acrylic for the backdrop on Vincent Rossini 140lb traditional handmade watercolor paper sewn against canvas fabric.

I love this piece! It represents a woman giving birth to a new life as well as herself. As she is giving birth she embraces the illuminating lightness feeling a tranquil state of being. The birds around her symbolizes protection,  nurture and love.


Hello everyone, I'm back! Here are photos of the Saturday show from this past weekend - The ritual art exhibit. 
It was beautiful! These photos where taken before the show that day, by the time I wanted to take pictures during the show I ran out of batteries. The show was a success! All the artists and people where there and we all had a great time. I wished you all were there to celebrate this day with me but I understand  a lot of you live so far away from me. Here you will see photos of 13 artists and they are all fabulous artists and sculptors. Curating a show of 13 artists isn't easy but sure is wonderful by the end of the day when you see everything done. I thank my team Terri Moore, Nancy Daupenspeck and Ellen Moon for teaming up with me last Thursday night to hang paintings. We listened to music and laughed having a great time!
:A list Of Artists:
Ellen Moon
James Woodruff
Joel Schapira
Diane Schapira
Nancy Daupenspeck
Karen Culbreth
Maggy Cady
Pieter Leferts
Todd Piker
Terri Moore
Bruce Morse
Michael Gellatly
Heather Kochman
Magaly Ohika
Amy Buck
These wonderful prolific artists brought magic to the show and their art represents that.


Magaly Ohika


Amy Buck

The show - the space

Diane Schapira
Nancy Daupenspeck and Joel Schapira
Bruce Morse
Ellen Moon
Nancy Daupenspeck
Pieter Leferts
Terri Moore and Diane Schapira
Diane Schapira
Heather Kochman
Michael Gellatly
Joel Schapira
Diane Schapira
Karen Cullbreth and James Woodruff

Maggy Cady and Todd Piker

Comments

  1. Show space is beautiful, what a lovely mix of artists. Your birth piece
    evokes powerful feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great show, Magaly. Your work, as usual, is fantastic...I love that other facet of your talent. Glad to see you're back. Take care, mi amigita.

    Besos y abrazos,
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Magaly! Great art exhibition!!
    And pretty space for the show. Congratulations for this!! Un abrazo guapa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! WOW! WOW!
    HOW Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!
    I wish I could have been there in person to see it all! How great! What a nice big space to showcase your beautiful work!
    Congrats! Magaly, you are too cool girl!
    Luv ya! XOXO - Cindi

    Oh, by the way...I hit my 100th post on my blog! And I'm having my first ever giveaway! Stop by if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a wonderful looking show, so many great works of art, especially yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muchas felicidades!!!! seguro que fué fantástico.Disfrútalo. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Magaly....looks like a wonderful exhibition and your work looks amazing!!!!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts