Soaking in beauty!


I have goodies here to show you some eye candy, full of vibrant colors.
Painting #1-A good day to take a walk,  Painting #2- Waiting for my next destination, Painting #3 - Take me home
These are done in acrylic and charcoal on watercolor Vincent Rossini paper 6'' x 9''

Been away for a while. Well it has been 7 days though it does feel like weeks.
I been so busy painting organizing and stuff , recharging myself for the weeks to come. I'm getting the big itch to travel and I can't wait when I do. My mother is coming to visit soon and I can't wait to see her. Spending time with mom is a lot of fun. We get to talk laugh share our thoughts ideas and then, we fight argue cry and hug and laugh again. 

I took another direction with these paintings simply by stitching my characters directly to canvas fabric and add acrylic. Size 9" x 8" and 6" x 10"

Creating these pieces was a lot of fun. I really am tempted to buying a sew and embroidery sewing machine, hmmmmmmmmmm!
Untitled
A cute little painting done in acrylic and charcoal on watercolor paper measuring 4" x 3"

There was one late night when I had so much coffee and I created these two wacky pieces which I love!
Too much Coffee!
Done in acrylic and charcoal on watercolor paper 5" x 5"

Ms little red riding hood on her journey home
Size of wood panel is 7" x 7"
Now this piece is done in collage and acrylic. The texture you see here is handmade paper and what you do is take your small pieces of texture hand made paper and mod podge gluing into your wood panel and let it sit for 30min. And now that you waited for your paper to dry you will see the cool affects. Now you can start painting. I work with a dry bristol brush giving me exactly the affects I want as well. Gesso is very important! When doing this, I add my gesso first before I start to paint. You can use Black gesso too! Try it! It's a lot of fun.

My red tree
This piece as well was done in the same medium collage handmade paper and acrylic!

Fiber art
Done on canvas decorative fabric. An abstract stitch work 
WHEN FORM AND SHAPES MEET COLOR
These mini pieces are 4" x 4"

Comments

  1. Your red tree is welcoming with open arms and too much coffee, what's not to love about all that caffeine in those faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Soo much to look at!!I enjoy ur art and I will have to try the gesso, Im a little weary never ever worked w/ it but i will give it a try soon and let ya know:O) Thanx for sharing:O) Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. your paintings are fabulous! as always, your colors are so vibrant! The stitched characters are very cool...one of these days, i should get a sewing machine...it looks so fun to play with. btw, i like your too much coffee version...ahhah...the dark side?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO MUCH GREAT ART!!!!
    I love love love that bright blue!
    I adore the black kitty! I'd take her home if I could! LOL!
    Now a question...is Gesso just for like a primer? I've used primer paint before when I painted on wood (remember I'm self-taught! and use whatever is sitting around LOL!) anyway just wondering....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place to visit this morning. I love them all -- especially "waiting for my next destination".

    I love the thought of red trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the colors you used too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when you have too much coffee! lol! Your work is fabulous as always!!! I love the different mediums you choose.

    xo...

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great post! Just dazzling, every single piece is a winner. Love love love your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much wonderful art to look at! Am drooling over my computer screen:). Love all these pieces but am especially drawn to Take me Home with the little black kitty. As I adopted a black kitty of my own from an animal shelter 4 years ago!
    Your art makes me feel so happy.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts